Main Menu

HQ HDRI ENVIORNMENTS

Started by pinkpanther1234, March 13, 2010, 12:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert V.

Quote from: PeterSchmidt on October 03, 2010, 12:41:15 AM
Quote from: chippwalters on October 02, 2010, 09:06:00 PM
Many of the renderers out there now support multiple resolutions of HDRI. Please check out sIBL:

http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/index.html

The idea is you can use a low-rez hdri for for lighting, a middle-rez for reflections, and a hi-rez one for backgrounds, unless you are using a backplate.

sIBL has some really good tools for creating all of these HDRI's from a single image. On the site, they say how much faster a render will finish if it uses low-rez lighting maps.

Your comment about speeding up when using low res maps for lighting does only apply to slow tools like mental ray, most near realtime engines do not need such tricks ... no need for sIBL.

Learned something new today, thanks!

HDRI Hub

Wanted to share my growing hdri collection.
http://t3ds.com/m/622364

There will be new ones in the next days as I am stitching some new at the moment.

Chad Holton

cubicart

At the home page, select "hdri" and you go right to the download page.

degruch

Quote from: cubicart on October 25, 2011, 05:10:47 AM
At the home page, select "hdri" and you go right to the download page.

...then select your preferred environment, hit 'download' and BAM!...it takes you straight back to the homepage. :'(

fxman31

:) hey thanks for the links...the time lapses are gr8...will really improve my renderings..will post it here in the forum as soon as i get it done...cheers  ;)

degruch

I moved an HDRI file into my Keyshot 'environments' folder, but it doesn't appear on the list of environments once I open up Keyshot...should I be doing something to make this work? Not sure why it isn't there.

Never did get any of those 'crazy8studio' files, they just won't download! >:(

mjb

ello ello, the crazy8 website seems to be dead. Anyone kind enough to share what they downloaded? :)