Update to latest version (2.2.33) not working

Started by quigley, February 09, 2011, 03:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

I was running 2.2 (build 2.2.25) and used the "check for update" option. The updater downloads OK but during the install I get multiple errors saying it cannot read file....
QtGui4.dll and others after (I aborted after a copuple more files flagged errors).

This is on the 32 bit build. I think 2.2.25 might have been a beta build, so it could be that. Should I just run the full installer?

quigley

All sorted now  ;D

No idea what was going on there. I ran the update and had those errors. I downloaded the full installer and ran that, but had the same errors showing up (same files). I uninstalled Keyshot (via the Program>uninstall), tried running the installer again - same issues. Started to panic at this point then noticed all the BIPs had the Keyshot icon still showing. So I double clicked on them and it opened Keyshot 2.2.25 again! (Either I had two installs or the uninstaller failed?). I then quite Keyshot, found the .exe file and double clicked that to start it, then Keyshot went into a look popping up "Cannot find Startup BIP" - the only way to kill this was to end the process tree in Task Manager. So something was clearly not right!

I deactivated Keyshot (just in case), restarted the machine, run the updater installer again (downloaded version)  - which now worked, restarted Keyshot, reactivated and opened a BIP. Noticed all the library prefs were empty so after re-assigning all the library locations all is well now running 33.

Don't you just love computers and software  ::)

guest84672

You get this error when you run the installer, and KeyShot is still running. You need to shut down both, and then run the installer again.

We will fix this for the next update.