New youtube intro - Concept car

Started by SebasDesign, May 18, 2017, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SebasDesign

Hi guys!
I decided to update the intro for my youtube videos given that the old one wasn't really that good... just a short 5 second clip.
I do mostly speed modeling videos in maya, here you can see the last one I did (which I shared last year) that features the old intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyvJjkyH_6o

The new one is attached and will feature in the next video I'm currently working on. It's for my thesis project so there wasn't a better time to upgrade.
Hope you like it and give me some feedback.

-Sebas

mattjgerard

This stuff is amazing, do you work with acutal measurements or is it all by eye and what looks right? I'm not a modeler, so I just have no concept on the workflow or theory/technique about undertaking such a task. From the video it just looks like you know exactly what to do and where everything goes, exact measurements, etc. There appears to be very little experimentation and trial and error, but that might be in the edited out parts :)

Very nice work.

SebasDesign

Quote from: mattjgerard on May 19, 2017, 05:13:02 AM
This stuff is amazing, do you work with acutal measurements or is it all by eye and what looks right? I'm not a modeler, so I just have no concept on the workflow or theory/technique about undertaking such a task. From the video it just looks like you know exactly what to do and where everything goes, exact measurements, etc. There appears to be very little experimentation and trial and error, but that might be in the edited out parts :)

Very nice work.

Thanks! actually I work with blueprints and a lot of reference pictures to model as accurately as I can. The overall size and dimentions are determined by the blueprints. And the mistakes you can notice in the video are all of them, there is no footage edited out, just raw and sped up... you can see even that modeling the door mirrors my pc crashed.

Bernardo Lickfold

Really nice model! I'll definitely see your channel. Maybe you could make a video working in Keyshot ;)

richardfunnell

That's a great animation!! Really effective while remaining clean and simple.

TpwUK

Always a pleasure to watch your modelling and to see your render results Sebas

Martin

SebasDesign

Quote from: Bernardo Lickfold on May 19, 2017, 11:28:16 AM
Really nice model! I'll definitely see your channel. Maybe you could make a video working in Keyshot ;)
Quote from: TpwUK on May 21, 2017, 03:15:47 AM
Always a pleasure to watch your modelling and to see your render results Sebas

Martin

Quote from: richardfunnell on May 19, 2017, 01:20:14 PM
That's a great animation!! Really effective while remaining clean and simple.

Thanks a lot guys!
So, now that I finished the video I can show it to you and the animation (of course) so you don't have to download it... and the still image that I didn't share earlier.

Video:
https://youtu.be/F-2XEeAx5a8

-Sebas