Is it possible utilizing keyshot using with VR google cardboard ?

Started by rivatnt12, May 17, 2017, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rivatnt12

hello I am wondering that is it possible utilizing google cardboard with keyshot?
I want to make my own 3d house model mapping with keyshot and see how it looks with 360degree google cardboard VR headset.
Is anybody here experienced with this kind of method or plugin or sth ??

Many thanks in advance

LayC42

The next KeyShot release will enable stereocube renders that can be watchef with a VR cardboard.

richardfunnell

Another option is to render out 6 images to create a cube map, then use 3rd party software to stitch them all together.

To render a cube map in KeyShot, select a piece of geometry in your scene tree (like exterior walls) and right-click to look at the geometric center of that part. Set your camera distance to a very small value, then line up your camera to a "standard" view by setting your azimuth to 0, Inclination to 0, etc.
Make sure your image is a 1:1 ratio (square), and set your Field of View to 90 degrees. This now means that when you then render this image (and your right, front, top, etc) it's referencing a single point and giving you a square image w 90 degrees of field of view.

Use software like Pano2VR in order to stitch these into a sphere. I'm sure there are also methods using Photoshop or other tools as well.

Good luck!