Assembly Rubik

Started by zooropa, May 18, 2017, 01:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi I am doing a presentation for my school. It is the last project so I will like to have a nice animation of my rubik cubic turning and assembling.
The idea is to show the pieces. I was wondering if there is any way to move the rubik modules in keyshot in order they follow a guide.
Please find attached a screenshot of the model 'exploded' in rhino. I would like to get this result, but from the rubik cube assembled.

Thanks so much

LayC42

Guiding lines are not supported yet.
If I would animate this explode state, I would start in the assembled state. Then dis-assemble the different parts with KeyShot animation features. Group all in a folder and mirror this. Now you got an assemble animation.

Maybe you can share your results?

Cheers
Marco

zooropa

Thanks. So if I understood right:

You will animate it when its a 'cube' and the move away the parts manually?
Ok I will see how I can solve this, cause I do not know manually how to arrange so many different objects symmetrically /

Please finde attached a test of the final stage how I want to be seen.
Thanks a lot

INNEO_MWo

I like this animation! And I'm sure that if you measure the end point of the path in rhino you'll see that you've got only a handful of (positive and negative) values in a simple matrix.

This shouldn't be so complicated! It's just about grouping the parts in a logical order like Richard did with the hinges (https://blog.keyshot.com/animating-hinges-with-multiple-pivot-points-keyshot)

Hope that helps