How to make double sided Materials?

Started by Renata, May 23, 2017, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renata

Hello everyone,
I am having trouble creating double sided/2faced material... picture one simple plane with one side red and the other green, how can i create a material to do that without having to create another plane?

Thanks

NM-92

Hello. You can easily do that using the mat graph. I can't remember the name of the node in English though but i'm attaching some images ! I think it's something like "backface mask", under utilities in the graph. Let me know if you need anything.

Renata

Hi NM-92, Thanks for the reply ....But what if it was a material not just a color? one plane with different materials (with different textures) on each side? the problem is it is sort of a fabric on a sphere so applying it as a label with normal projection would result in bleeding no matter the depth. Any idea how to approach this?

INNEO_MWo

Hello Renata.

The solution from Nico works for different color and materials. I attached a sample file. You can work with the material graph to change the side between "metal" and "fabric" in the "color to number"-node when replacing the values "output from" and "output to".

(the "backside surface mask"-node is available when activating "experimental features" in the preferences)

The mapping problem can be fixed with the UV mapping option. (I guess that the fabric mesh contain UV coordinates.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

Renata

Perfect! Fixes my problem

Thanks Marco appreciate it.

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: Renata on May 24, 2017, 09:50:38 AM
Perfect! Fixes my problem

Thanks Marco appreciate it.

I share your thank you with Nico.

Glad to help.