Label is not shown under water material

Started by ethanlucas1013, May 26, 2017, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanlucas1013

I'm trying to render a photo with iPhone dropped in the water. The iPhone screen label is from a PNG file (tried JPEG too). However, once the water material is applied, the label will not be visible. If I use glass instead of water, the label will be visible.

I do notice the water can magnify the iPhone model and I tried to play with the material settings but nothing can bring the label back from being invisible.

Is there anything special with the water material or am I missing anything?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

guest84672

Have you checked you settings in the lighting tab? Make sure "Global illumination and "Caustics" are enabled.

ethanlucas1013

Thank you! I just tried and label is still not showing up.

guest84672

Hmm - we will look into it. It looks correct in KeyShot 7 Beta. You may need to use Glass for the time being.

BTW - what kind of license are you using? I can't seem to find any activations under your name.

Thanks!

ieatfish

Have you tried turning up the Ray Bounces?

guest84672

That won't do it. It looks like a bug in 6. Use Glass and check "double-sided", and set the IOR to 1.33.

INNEO_MWo

I think increasing the indirect bouncing to 1 should fix this.

DMerz III

Labels on inside of a transparent material will not work with caustics turned on, I was on another thread with Dries and he mentioned this is something that has been fixed in 7.