Main Menu

Crankshaft.

Started by geo7, February 19, 2011, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geo7

Thanks both been quite a journey !
Beginning to understand what I should be aiming for.
Bill, just down loaded your knurl texture will have to have a play with that.

George. ;D

geo7

Bill.
Just understood what you wanted me to do. have remodeled bearing so retained colour and ground texture only on inner and outer surface.

Any better ?
George.

feher

You have come along way with your image. Keep up the great work !
Once you figure out the textures I would go back and think about how you can dirty them up a tad. When I say a tad I really mean just a tiny bit. 
Tim

colej

Geo,
the new bearing looks great, but the balls which are typically very high Rockwell hardness could use a bit less roughness, more high-reflective chrome.
the angle of the texture is perfect! it runs longitudinal to the axis which gives the impression of a stamped race as a true bearing would be.
it gives the true impression of a stress in the metal as a pressed fit would have - great job!

geo7

I have polished my balls !

Thanks for comments Feher.not sure how to dirty up collours but will have a play.
Geo.

colej

feher

Geo,
now that looks GREAT ! Putting that warm light really made those bearing come to life. When I say dirty I'm thinking a thin coat of oil on the bearings.
At any case NICE work on your balls buddy  ;D
Tim

geo7

Thanks for help Tim.
Geo

Chad Holton

Hi George,
You're coming along good. Don't forget to cage those balls.  ;)
Couple of things to try if you get bored - it's little details that take it over the top. Try adding the bearing cage and give it a hint of greenish gold color to give it a little contrast. Another thing to add would be the bearing part number and make to the outer ring.

Chad

geo7

Cages  >:(

Not too sure.
Geo.

guest84672

Looking really good. Only comment I have is the "hot spot" on the surface where the lighting hits. Try rotating the environment and also play with the height.

geo7

Many tanks Thomas.
I have learnt such a lot from the guys on this forum, sometimes you just can't see the full picture yourself.
at least not when your as clueless as me!
George.