Architecture board please

Started by V_Arch, November 18, 2010, 09:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V_Arch

Hi, can we get a board that deals with doing architectural scenes in KS? I see most of the projects being shared are more about cars and such.

I think I read that there are things in the pipeline for architects at which point one such board may be added but till then it might be a good idea to have somewhere to discuss and share ideas on work arounds and techniques specific to doing architectural scenes.

It would also be nice if the KS team can kick it off with a few stickies with tips to help beginners (like me  ::) ) get a jump start on how to properly set-up and render an architectural scene.

Oh and since I'm at it....some more architecture materials please...I was really disappointed to see only 3  :o 

Possible  ???

guest84672

Thank you for your suggestions. At this point in time our focus is not on architecture. This is something we will look at in the future.

However, it is very easy to create your own materials. Most of what you will need to know can be taken from our tutorials on our web page. Please take a look: www.keyshot.com/keyshot/training

archrender

I feel your pain VArch.  I don't think Keyshot is for Architectural renderings at this point.  I feel that if only there were a way to import cameras it would work, its just way to hard to navigate through large models.....disappointing.

V_Arch

Totally got buried in a project and forgot about this post  :-[

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 19, 2010, 07:46:06 AM
Thank you for your suggestions. At this point in time our focus is not on architecture. This is something we will look at in the future.

However, it is very easy to create your own materials. Most of what you will need to know can be taken from our tutorials on our web page. Please take a look: www.keyshot.com/keyshot/training

Thanks for the info Thomas, the videos have helped me get this far but when examples are taken outside the context of architecture it is still quite a challenge to do seemingly simple tasks especially for a beginner. Well I guess we'll just have to make due and wait it out.

Just dont forget about us lol.

Quote from: archrender on November 20, 2010, 06:39:02 PM
I feel your pain VArch.  I don't think Keyshot is for Architectural renderings at this point.  I feel that if only there were a way to import cameras it would work, its just way to hard to navigate through large models.....disappointing.

I totally agree with you archrender, if KS comes through it would make things 10 times easier for us. I still have faith so lets see how it goes. :)

Richman

Moving around the model with a spacenavigator now makes setting up camera shots easy! It's very doable now in version 2.2.4

andy.engelkemier

also, don't ignore Alt+Ctrl+RMB  It's extremely powerful when it comes to large scenes.

Just pick your point, then zoom. And also, if you've got a few bucks, pick up a navigator for sure.

Richman

It will be the best 50 bucks you've even spent!  Spacenavigator & Keyshot a match made in heaven.

PhilippeV8

Quote from: V_Arch on November 18, 2010, 09:22:48 PM
Oh and since I'm at it....some more architecture materials please...I was really disappointed to see only 3  :o 

The update to v2.2.45 just removed all my self-made materials in the "architecture" tab  :-\ :(
The tabs which I added myself are still there though ..

andy.engelkemier

As a general rule, you should Always add any custom materials in your own tabs. In any given release Luxion may fix something in one of the tabs and completely replace it. You just never know. Keeping your materials all in your own tabs will more than likely keep them save.

Alternatively, before updating, copy the resources folder somewhere else. Anything you lose can easily be recovered then.

PhilippeV8

So I have learned my lesson  ;)
It's good though that when loading an old project it doesn't say "can't find material", however I can from there re-save my materials to the library in MY OWN tabs :D
Guess I'll have to go trough all my projects to recollect them.

guest84672

We will add new materials to separate tabs from here on out, now that you can actually move materials from one group to another.