ADDING WATER TO SCENE USING LABELS

Started by riflemano311, February 25, 2011, 07:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riflemano311

I have an issue I am trying to get through.  I work for a lighting company and we are rendering a cylinder sconce.  It can be used outdoors and we wanted to show it with water on it, like it had just rained, or similar to a beer bottle that has condensation on it.  I was thinking I could somehow use a label for this, but I am reaching for help here. If you have a solution or would like to try, PM me with your email and I can send you the BIP file.

Thanks

guest84672

riflemano311

Thomas, That is almost exactly what I am looking for

guest84672

I did this with a very simple and low res image that I used as a bump map. I think I downloaded the image from imageshack. Or try cgtextures.com.

Rotate your model upright first (90 degree). Then apply the image as a bump map to the material on your object using cylindrical mapping.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

riflemano311

Thomas,  I tried your method, and it does give a good bump to it, but is not recognized as water or being wet due to the fact that the fixture itself is not glass, but a painted color.  I was thinking there might be a way to do this like the fingerprints were applied to the glass in the Still Life Render in Amazing Shots.  Your method is perfect for glass, thanks for your help.