New Sketchup 8 import - not importing "group" materials

Started by Willydog, February 26, 2011, 11:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willydog

Hi, With the new version of Keyshot and reference Sketchup 8, unfortunately Keyshot does not import materials that have been applied to sketchup object "groups". It works OK if you apply materials to every face within a group and then import, but that can be a lot of work!

Thankfully you have maintained a "Use old importers" selection so I can carry on using Sketchup 7 format saves. Although these now get flipped 90 degrees when imported. A bit frustrating.

Hopefully you will refine the Sketchup 8 importer for the next release.

Cheers, and keep up the good work

Kevin.

guest84672

A few things:

Can you provide an example that contains group materials?

You can set the orientation of your imported model in the import dialog. KeyShot will remember this the next time you import a model.

I hope this helps.

Willydog

Thomas,

Have emailed you some simple cube examples of the issue relating to "materials applied to grouped objects".

Yes, aware of the orientation options - but unfortunately for me it always seems to be a 1 in 3 chance of success!!! - Still easy to rotate once it has imported

Thank you

Kevin

Willydog

??? :(
And still no progress - oh um. Had thought the July email newsletter had brought us the answer
But just a dull Window of progress in a rainy world
Still, nice and warm under my Mac
We wait.

guest84672

The plugin for PC support groups. We will work on implementing it for the importer as well.