How to get old Hypershot Silver Pearl Material into new Keyshot?

Started by mpdesigner, February 26, 2011, 10:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpdesigner

I like the old Silver Pearl material from Hypershot's Paint group.  How can I import that into the new Keyshot 2's material library?  The "Pearl" and Silver paint materials in teh enw Keyshot doesn't have the same look and feel as the Silver Pearl from Hypershot's Paint group.  Any advice/tips appreciated! :)

Xidor

I just made the jump to Keyshot 2 myself from Hypershot. There are some materials I like that isn't included with Keyshot. I have not done this yet, but I was given the following instructions from Jeff Hayden to transfer Hypershot materials over to Keyshot:

Go to Desktop/HyperShot Content/Materials folder and Copy the files you would like to transfer
Open Documents/KeyShot Resources/Materials folder and paste the files in this folder
Open KeyShot
Open Materials
If the new materials don't appear in the materials portion of the library dialog box where the material balls appear, place your cursor in this same area, right click and click on Refresh all materials and it will rescan that folder for the new items.

The other thing I noticed is if you open a .bip file saved from Hypershot, Keyshot opens them with materials and decals and HDRI's you used. So you might be able to save that material into Keyshot after you open the .bip file.

Good luck.