Scale issues

Started by m2tts, March 02, 2011, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m2tts

Yes Thomas, I have been doing this.

Do you see the scale of the objects changing when you reopen the files? Mine were importing to a scale of "40" (in the x,y,z, boxes). When opening the files later, the scale had changed to "1600" for those same objects.

I just opened Scale Test 4.bip and see this. I have just imported Scale A.sldasm into this doing just as you said and it comes in at scale "1600" and is 40 times bigger than the previous objects. Changing it's scale to "40" gets it back to being the same size.

And it's making keyshot crawl again and is unusable. Maybe these issues are related?

guest84672

Interestingly enough it brings it in correctly when I leave the scale at "Automatic" ...

Crawl? Don't see that. What is slow?

guest84672

I just recreated scene Scale Test 4 from scratch, and I didn't see the scale changing - stays at 40. I am using 2.2.45. Your are "opening" the bip file, not importing it, correct?

I then added Scale A to it after saving the scene, closing and opening KeyShot again. All came in fine.

Are you running 2.2.45 for sure?

m2tts

Yes I am running the latest version. I don't really know what is making Keyshot crawl, but I suspect my video card drivers have something to do with it. I know Keyshot does not use the video card for rendering the scene, but the video card is responsible for displaying windows the program runs in, and ultimately for what shows up on the display, right?

Try opening the Scale 4 scene today and see what you get for scaling.

guest84672

The graphics card has nothing to do with it. What are the FPS numbers you are getting?

I will take a look at the scene in a bit.

guest84672

Opened up the file from yesterday - scale is still at 40. I imported scale A, and it all works fine.

m2tts

My FPS will go to 2. The interface stops responding. I have to kill it, and then the cpu will continue to fluctuate between 12 and 20 percent usage.  This is why I suspect my graphics card is not giving up some resources, though Keyshot is the instigator as no other application is behaving this way.

guest84672

Very strange - never heard that before.

On a different note - I was finally able to reproduce the scaling issue you were seeing. You will be happy to know that we fixed for the next update.

Thanks for your patience.

m2tts

That's  good to hear. When is that new release coming? I've begun to notice numbers changing in the rotation dialogs too if you have applied any rotations to the objects.

guest84672

Within the next couple of days - going through the final testing now.

Yes - the rotation issue is also fixed.

Speedster

Hi Thomas;
[quoteWithin the next couple of days - going through the final testing now.

][/quote]

May be too late to ask, but it would be great if "Saving Camera" saved absolutely everything related to the camera and model, including scale and model position.
Bill G

azonicbruce

Would also like to take the time to ask a question regarding this issue. What IS the appropriate workflow for bringing in  "life size" objects? I'm working on large industrial plants, buildings, equipment.

Should I be letting KeyShot scale down my models and work with that, or changing the scale to 1 and adjusting the environment height, size, and ground size?

guest84672

Let KeyShot do the scaling. If you want to place the object relative to an environment, I suggest you use a backplate. Hope this helps.