changing something while rendering

Started by Öner, June 02, 2017, 05:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Öner

i want to change something such as some new animation moves while animation rendering is going on.  Do my changes reflect to the rest of the render?

mattjgerard

No. As far as I know, once  you start rendering the project is sent to a render buffer that the renderer reads from. If you are using the "Render in the background" feature (which it sounds like you are) your changes won't be reflected in the currently rendering render. If you aren't using the "Render in the background", you can't make changes to the project anyway, so that answers that question.

You need to make the changes, and resubmit the project to the render engine. Now, if you are rendering to a frame stack, which is the smart way, you can stop the render, make the changes as long as it doesn't affect what is already rendered, and resubmit the project to the render engine starting at a particular frame. that can save you some time. Just be aware of continuity issues that might arise because of the changes in the animations.

INNEO_MWo

And what kind of changes won't effect the running render job?

mattjgerard

Quote from: MWo on June 02, 2017, 11:35:58 AM
And what kind of changes won't effect the running render job?

I don't think any change to the scene will affect the currently running render. After you submit the project to the background renderer or the network renderer, the render engine isn't using the data that is in the scene currently open in keyshot. After starting the render you can change whatever you want, including completely shutting down keyshot or opening a new scene and it won't affect the render that is running. That's the whole point of the background and network render. Kick it off and start working on something else. I work this way all the time, I Drop my CPU usage to 92% for me which is 22 cores instead of all 24, and I can do other things in KS, like start on my next scene, package other files for archiving, etc. It should be the default, in my opinion.

We are just putting in our proposal to purchase the network rendering add on, and I can't wait. For us 2 that would use it, it will free up our machines to be so much more productive while being able to offload renders to the farm.

Did that answer your question? Sorry, I tend to drift when typing this stuff out :)

INNEO_MWo

Ah, yes. This is clear.

Thanks.

Cheers
Marco