More granular options for Camera Grid - 1/8, 1/64 etc

Started by sethcshort, June 02, 2017, 02:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sethcshort

Hi!

This is hopefully an easy one -- I'd like to see more options for the Camera Grid, specifically, dividing the frame into smaller grid lines. 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, etc etc... maybe arbitrary fractions? This would help me line things up in frame more accurately, space them out evenly, etc.

I'd also love to see an option for a non-proportional camera grid that shows as squares rather than rectangles, regardless of the image aspect. Maybe by taking the current grid and scaling it vertically to compensate for image aspect?

Possibly also "title safe" / "action safe"? Although these are less necessary in the digital age, they're still nice to help create consistent margins around the frame.

Thanks!

DMerz III

Have not tried this myself, but I have heard of someone cheating this by creating a 'label' for a 'non-visible' object (using emission shader and basically setting the power to 0). The Label is the grid you desire with an alpha channel and it projected via 'the camera' setting, thus moving the grid to align with the camera plane. I see how this would work in theory, but like I said, I have no tried it. I'm sure there's a bit more tricks to it than that.