Random renders ( +Nintendo SNES )

Started by jet1990, June 05, 2017, 04:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jet1990

another scene quickly modelled up. Looking forward to what keyshot 7 brings! not too happy with the floor's bump. Its either too high at the left side of the scene or ends up looking too flat on the right side.

jet1990

slight variation on the floor

asspaula

excellent job
Excellent work I'm impressed with your result
I'm learning how to manipulate keyshot now
Could you make available to the scene for study?
Grateful for the attention

Josh3D

Love that wood on the island. Well done!

jet1990

jet1990

slightly different colour pallet

Will Gibbons

I like the color choice, but the island and some of your surfaces look so shiny and reflective, it's quite confusing. What material are you using and what is the IoR value set to? Just curious.

jet1990

Quote from: Will Gibbons on July 25, 2017, 06:16:30 AM
I like the color choice, but the island and some of your surfaces look so shiny and reflective, it's quite confusing. What material are you using and what is the IoR value set to? Just curious.

I was going for a high gloss finish on the grey cabinets and island ( the roughness is set to 0 and 1.5 for IoR - the material type is a paint material)

the wooden top is an advance material with a roughness of 0.05 and IoR of 1.5

any suggestions as to enhancing them but still retaining the "high gloss" look?

nicordf

I gotta say I´m really impressed with all your scenes! Could you share your computer specs? or are you using network rendering for them?

jet1990

Quote from: nicordf on July 25, 2017, 07:03:20 AM
I gotta say I´m really impressed with all your scenes! Could you share your computer specs? or are you using network rendering for them?

thank you! computer specs are as follows:
intel i7 6700k @ 4.00 GHz
32gb RAM
GPU - quadro m4000

I've never used the network rendering feature. I simply set my CPU usage to 75% - 6 cores  and let it render using max time ( usually between 1.5-3 hours)

nicordf

Quote from: jet1990 on July 25, 2017, 07:19:06 AM

32gb RAM
GPU - quadro m4000

I've never used the network rendering feature. I simply set my CPU usage to 75% - 6 cores  and let it render using max time ( usually between 1.5-3 hours)

Damn, my 8 gb of RAM are getting so outdated :(, I´ll have to invest in a new computer it seems

Will Gibbons

Quote from: nicordf on July 25, 2017, 07:33:12 AM

Quote from: jet1990 on July 25, 2017, 07:19:06 AM

32gb RAM
GPU - quadro m4000

Damn, my 8 gb of RAM are getting so outdated :(, I´ll have to invest in a new computer it seems

FWIW, RAM isn't going to help KS performance, and unless you've had issues loading heavy scenes, the chip (CPU) will make the difference.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jet1990 on July 25, 2017, 06:51:35 AM

I was going for a high gloss finish on the grey cabinets and island ( the roughness is set to 0 and 1.5 for IoR - the material type is a paint material)

Sure! I've attached a few examples. I always reference photos to match materials. Your perfect mirror-like finish is just too perfect IMO. Even if it was the exact material match, if it makes your image distracting or confusing, I'd still change it. See the examples below... you'll notice they all have either a slight noise bump to them or roughness (and in most cases, both). If you're using a paint material, I'd change it to Plastic. Then, you can reduce the specular value a bit. With black or dark diffuse color, a specular value of pure white will be a bit too harsh, I'd make it a light gray, add a roughness of something around .01-.05 and a procedural noise texture bump scaled down a bit with a bump height of something like .01-.05 as well. Try a few combos and see what you get.

I hope that helps.

fernancii

nice , really like the mood you captured

jet1990

Quote from: Will Gibbons on July 26, 2017, 07:02:04 AM
Quote from: jet1990 on July 25, 2017, 06:51:35 AM

Sure! I've attached a few examples. I always reference photos to match materials. Your perfect mirror-like finish is just too perfect IMO. Even if it was the exact material match, if it makes your image distracting or confusing, I'd still change it. See the examples below... you'll notice they all have either a slight noise bump to them or roughness (and in most cases, both). If you're using a paint material, I'd change it to Plastic. Then, you can reduce the specular value a bit. With black or dark diffuse color, a specular value of pure white will be a bit too harsh, I'd make it a light gray, add a roughness of something around .01-.05 and a procedural noise texture bump scaled down a bit with a bump height of something like .01-.05 as well. Try a few combos and see what you get.

I hope that helps.

thanks for the suggestions.