Main Menu

Table de Vignoble

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, June 08, 2017, 04:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi all,

This current work is going to be a wedding gift to one of my best friends who's getting married in September. I have shown them the progress so they could have a potential say in the development, so I'm not showing anything they haven't seen before. The greatest treat is to see the print itself anyway. I'm almost considering getting two copies of this.

Anyway, grapes and cloth are from turbosquid, while the rest was modeled in NX. The final image here is just a quick mockup to get a feel of how it's gonna look once printed and hung on the wall. Next step now is to send this guy to a renderfarm.

Hope you like it.

Cheers.

EDIT: If anyone would be interested, I've uploaded the barrel to GrabCAD - https://grabcad.com/library/wooden-barrel-6

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on June 08, 2017, 04:56:09 AM
Hi all,

This current work is going to be a wedding gift to one of my best friends who's getting married in September. I have shown them the progress so they could have a potential say in the development, so I'm not showing anything they haven't seen before. The greatest treat is to see the print itself anyway. I'm almost considering getting two copies of this.

Anyway, grapes and cloth are from turbosquid, while the rest was modeled in NX. The final image here is just a quick mockup to get a feel of how it's gonna look once printed and hung on the wall. Next step now is to send this guy to a renderfarm.

Hope you like it.

Cheers.

Superb stuff Magnus.Really gorgeous!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks Hossein! Greatly appreicated :)

Speedster

Magnus, these are absolutely the best you've done, and that's saying a lot!  If image 3 is your intent, it could go on any gallery wall.  I sell a number of my KeyShot prints, but all trains, of course.  But here you have elevated the obvious and simple to new artistic heights!
Bill G

Andrzej Orzecki

The second and third picture are absolutely insane!  Everythings is perfectly matched,the light,the mood,the color palette...Some artist must paint it!:)

Best!

Josh3D

This. is. beautiful. Nice gift too!!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Speedster on June 08, 2017, 10:00:50 AM
Magnus, these are absolutely the best you've done, and that's saying a lot!  If image 3 is your intent, it could go on any gallery wall.  I sell a number of my KeyShot prints, but all trains, of course.  But here you have elevated the obvious and simple to new artistic heights!
Woah, cheers Bill! That's really nice of you to say, and I greatly appreciate it. Image number 2 and 3 are just a cropped version of the top one, to focus on the details. Final printout will be the squared up one :)

Quote from: Andrzej Orzecki on June 08, 2017, 10:52:58 AM
The second and third picture are absolutely insane!  Everythings is perfectly matched,the light,the mood,the color palette...Some artist must paint it!:)

Best!
Thanks a bunch Andrzej! I'm really glad you liked it :)

Quote from: Josh Mings on June 08, 2017, 12:25:33 PM
This. is. beautiful. Nice gift too!!
Cheers Josh! Appreciate it:) I hope they will be satisfied.

Will Gibbons

Wow. Those textures on the barrel... amazing, Magnus!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 09, 2017, 05:26:44 AM
Wow. Those textures on the barrel... amazing, Magnus!
Much obliged Will! I'm glad you liked it!

Despot

Beautiful, beautiful stuff Magnus... and you call me a 'vizard' - yeah, right ;)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Despot on June 09, 2017, 10:50:48 AM
Beautiful, beautiful stuff Magnus... and you call me a 'vizard' - yeah, right ;)
Hah, cheers John. Greatly appreciate it! I still stand by it, as you would have finished 3-4 superb projects within the same time span.

Magnus Skogsfjord

An (gigantic) update to this fella. I'm closing into sending this guy to print, and I was helped by the good guys at Luxion (a special thanks to Dries!) for helping me with some extra computational power for this final image.

The final resolution ended at a whopping 22144x10629px at 11 GB raw data. The final photoshop file was at 3,5GB, and it was a real challenge for my computer to post-process. More than once I had to remove history and restart photoshop by the lack of power. First time for that.

Final render was done using KS7 with a variety of automatic generated passes (depth, AO, shadow, caustics, normal, clown) and layers.

Obviously, I can't upload the monstrosity here for several reasons, but I've downscaled the final image, and taken some cropped (even the crops are downsized) presumably interesting part of the image.

Final width of the print will be 1,6m

Hope you guys like it!

Despot

Astounding stuff on these close-ups Magnus, my favourite shot is the glass pitcher/jug :)

Despot

And why this thread hasn't got more comments than it has is beyond me...

DriesV

Quote from: Despot on August 02, 2017, 02:42:06 AM
And why this thread hasn't got more comments than it has is beyond me...
It is what happens when people are speechless. :)

The clarity and detail is indeed astounding.

Dries