Main Menu

It's all in the eyes

Started by Brian Townsend, March 12, 2011, 11:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Townsend

I wanted to try a closeup of some eyes. I painted the iris texture using Photoshop.  After the render I did some additional touch up to add in eyelashes/eyebrows as well as moisture where the eyeball meets the lower eyelid.  Threw in an image with some KeyShot themed eyes too.

feher

Brian,
The eyes are looking great ! I think one more layer of gloss on the eyes will really make this puppy shine.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Brian Townsend

Tim,

Great suggestion,  I did add another pass to bring out the reflections more and I think it's a big improvement.  Thanks for the input.  I also attached the pass I used for the reflection - kinda creepy.

feher

HI Brian,

That is a lot better ! Very nice work indeed.
Ok one more suggestion if you don't mind.  In your first image it needs some cool colors in the shadow areas and just alittle bit in the mid tones, just a tad. That will really make this image come to life. Now in the second image it needs some warm colors to bring it to life. The warm colors will be in your high lighted area's, you want to only add a little bit of warm. That way you will still have the same look as it is, but now you'll have a added layer of life.
Again this is only a suggestion, something to look at and think about.
Regardless if you choose to try this, the images look very nice.
Tim