3 Cheers For Keyshot!

Started by MichaelSesto, March 08, 2011, 12:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelSesto

When i get my work done i get to play... if i ever get over to the PC side and work with tsplines, i am sure that some great organic shapes could be make for the top foam and running down the glass as well as the spillage on the table top. For now it is a basic glass in Rhino and playtime in Keyshot. Up north the beers are a wee bit darker. Probably no Englishman would be drinking a beer that is colder than room temperature. Cheers!

jlowap

justindustrial

Nicely executed, the bubbles are tricky, and I love the head on the last one, what is that a Kilkenny?

PhilippeV8

The bubbles in the liquid have improved from the water to the beer ... now for some foam on top indeed and then some drops on the outside of the glass and to make it 100%, some spilled on the table ;)

justindustrial

what sort of technique are you using for the bubbles?

guest84672

@jlowap - In case you haven't noticed, this is the KeyShot forum. I took the liberty and removed your irrelevant posts and images that were rendered with a different software.

MichaelSesto

Keyshot is great for quick experiments with materials. The liquid bubbles were a texture applied and the one on the right is a translucent with cloud normal bump (weird and wonderful material but takes longer to render). I played with many variations for the top foam... again the one on the right is caramel translucent with cloud texture but for all of them i applied the material and then edited the 'material type' to things like dielectric, liquid and metallic paint. Unexpected variation will occur and will also change as you change the camera angle. Again, Keyshot allows you to do creative trials so fast before going to final render. I create/use library materials, apply them and then start changing the settings and try to anticipate what the result will be.

feher

I'm thirsty now. Nice work.
Tim

jlowap

Quote from: Thomas Teger on March 11, 2011, 05:49:58 PM
@jlowap - In case you haven't noticed, this is the KeyShot forum. I took the liberty and removed your irrelevant posts and images that were rendered with a different software.

:(

As this was a discussion on techniques i diddnt think this mattered... only trying to share some info and help others.

guest84672

Techniques yes - but with KeyShot.