SaveCopy of rendering in progress

Started by andy.engelkemier, March 11, 2011, 12:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

It's nice that when I hit stop I'll get a rendering of whatever is finished. Thanks for that
I've got a rendering going in real-time right now and I thought I'd need at least 100 frames, but it's only got a little way done and I want to know if it's good enough. I can at least use that to start making selections in photoshop.

Is there a way to just add a SaveCurrent, or something like that where it will save a copy?

guest84672

I think the whole frames thing has to go and it should be time only. What we need is the ability to add time to a rendering when using realtime render mode.

andy.engelkemier

I like the whole frame thing at least as a minimum. Ideally I'd say, Give me at least 25 frames but don't render longer than 2 hours if you've met that minimum.
It could also save the "final" image there, then continue until I get back to the computer so I can stop it again and then it would save out a copy one more time. This would give me the image I asked for, plus maybe a better one if I left it going. That would need to be optional though. Not everyone wants to waste all that electricity if they are running over night.