Main Menu

blow up working preview

Started by andy.engelkemier, March 11, 2011, 01:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I'd love to have a working resolution and also specify a final resolution, then you could click a region to blow up that area to final resolution so you can adjust materials in real-time while at 100%. This is important for small details like a fine bump map or any small texture that might be important.
You may also find that you can't see the detail you've zoomed so far into that you've been wasting your time.
Pro has render region, but that's not real-time. AND you can't see the render at full size until it's done (also an item that would be nice to add).

guest84672

I guess I don't understand what the issue with zooming in? From the right mouse button menu click "Look at" which will center the point where your mouse is located. Then zoom in closely, and fill up the screen.

andy.engelkemier

No that's all fine.
I want a render preview at full size. Say I know my full size render is 5000px square and I'm working at something arbitrary like 872x872. If I just zoom in it's not a render preview. I've changed a bunch of things.

What I'm looking for is to let keyshot know where I want to preview at 872x872 and it will give me a blow up region of the final 5000px image at my working resolution from my current camera. That way I can spot problems like moire patterns, too small/big bump mapping or textures, etc.

Sometimes, with things like stainless grain, screen meshes, and things like that you actually might need to make them bigger or smaller than real life to show in the render just so people can tell what the heck it is. Zooming in on a feature can help you inspect it, but won't let you know what your final render will look like.

I just want a blown up section of my camera at my final output resolution so I know what I will end up with.

I would personally do the UI like photoshop's navigator. You can zoom in to 100% of your final pixels, and use the navigator to show where you are looking at and move around that image. Keyshot would only be rendering what's in the box.

I think it's something quite a few people would love. I definitely would. It would speed up my workflow quite a bit.

guest84672

Understood now. Yes - agree, could be very useful.

PhilippeV8

Kinda like a magnifying glass which magnifies untill final/output resolution.

I like it !

+1