Dynamics from a certain frame?

Started by mattjgerard, December 07, 2017, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

I am in the process of filling a bunch of parts bins, and in my never ending quest to keep things live and fully changeable, I am using dyamics in C4D to fill the bins with various small parts, here is my workflow-

1) Add a collider tag to the bin, make it a static mesh
2) Add a ridgid body tag to the part
3) Create a mograph cloner object using the small part, make a large grid of objects ends up being about 80 parts
4) Run the sim, all the parts drop into the bin, looks great at frame 100

From here, how can I export that frame to Keyshot, if I just use the plugin "render" or "export" option it uses frame 1.

I know I can covert the dynamics to editable objects and export that, but in the case that the client wants the part changed or whatever it would be nice to be able to keep the dynamics live so I can just swap out the cloner source part and not have to setup the cloner from scratch.

In short, is there a way to indicate which frame from the timeline in C4D to export to Keyshot using the plugin?

Will Gibbons

Not sure about C4D, but in Blender, when I export .abc format, I can choose a frame range. If I choose frame 80-80, you'll get just frame 80 and that works. Can you do that with C4D? I'd be surprised if there isn't a plugin/addin/script to achieve something similar.

mattjgerard

Good tip I'll look into that. I forget that I don't necessarily have to use the KS -plugin to export . I'll have a look and report back