A Round for Everyone !

Started by feher, March 17, 2011, 02:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Hi Guy's,

Seeing all the beer glass images lately I figured I would try my hand at it also.
I'll be honest this was a lot of fun for me. Just getting away from cars is good....lol
Enjoy.

Jack Dempsy made the model in Maya.
I used UV Mapper for my UV map.
Keyshot
Photoshop
Tim

Robert V.

very nice, what are the material settings used for the glass?  (and how many rays did you use?)
It's very realistic!

feher

Quote from: PredatorKS on March 17, 2011, 03:20:55 PM
very nice, what are the material settings used for the glass?  (and how many rays did you use?)
It's very realistic!
Hi, first thanks for taking the time to view and comment. Glad your liking the image.
This was done with one render and one specular pass.
As for the glass I used Keyshots Glass double sided. The only thing I did was instead of using a white I darken the glass a tiny tiny bit and moved the IOR up to 1.9 I believe.
Also I made a bump for the glass. The bump height was at .2. I wanted to feel the sweet coming off the glass not really see it. I hope that made some sense. The only reason why I did a specular pass was to bring out the sweet beads a little more.

The liquid I used the same glass material but changed the color to beer color and use the label function to apply my foam.
As for the rendering settings:
16 Samples
8 Bounces

Jeff Hayden

Excellent work as always Tim. I'll take one.

Jeff Hayden

Robert V.

Quote from: feher on March 17, 2011, 07:33:42 PM
Quote from: PredatorKS on March 17, 2011, 03:20:55 PM
It's very realistic!
Hi, first thanks for taking the time to view and comment. Glad your liking the image.
This was done with one render and one specular pass.
As for the glass I used Keyshots Glass double sided. The only thing I did was instead of using a white I darken the glass a tiny tiny bit and moved the IOR up to 1.9 I believe.
Also I made a bump for the glass. The bump height was at .2. I wanted to feel the sweet coming off the glass not really see it. I hope that made some sense. The only reason why I did a specular pass was to bring out the sweet beads a little more.

The liquid I used the same glass material but changed the color to beer color and use the label function to apply my foam.
As for the rendering settings:
16 Samples
8 Bounces

specular pass with keyshot? how does that work? I only know how to make a normal render.

thanks for the quick reply!

feher

Quote from: Jeff Hayden on March 17, 2011, 08:38:13 PM
Excellent work as always Tim. I'll take one.

Jeff Hayden
Hi Jeff,
Thanks, Next time your in town it's on me.

Hi Predator,
Yes, your correct Keyshot doesn't have a specular pass, but you can create one by making the whole image with black materials. Then overlay that image on top of your final image in photoshop then change it to a sceen. What that does is gets rid of all the black and just leaves the white from your specular pass.
Good luck.
Tim

PhilippeV8

I feel like requesting to post your initial render and your specular pass here .... ;)

guest84672

Very cool - very thick foam for a Miller Lite ;-)

feher

Quote from: Thomas Teger on March 18, 2011, 06:46:57 AM
Very cool - very thick foam for a Miller Lite ;-)
Hi Thomas....lol nice call, I was thinking that too but still went with it.
So here you go hopefully this beer lable will be closer to the look of the beer in the mug  :P

feher

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on March 18, 2011, 04:46:46 AM
I feel like requesting to post your initial render and your specular pass here .... ;)
Here are the images you request. I do retouching in photoshop too.