also scaling import problems here

Started by phil_mdesign, March 18, 2011, 07:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil_mdesign

Hi everyone

I also have problems when I import several Rhino files into the same scene. They all come with different scale.
To make it simple, trying to import a desk and then stools -> the stool comes in same height as desk. So I have to make a Rhino file already with everything in it :-(

I checked the boxes:
-add to scene
-center geometry (yes & no does not help)
-snap to ground
-coordinates automatic (also tried from previous import but does not help either)

Any clue ?
Thx
Philippe

guest84672

It does work, and we have proven this over and over again. You need to make sure that you check "from previous" for subsequent imports.

However, we just found some issues when saving a file multiple times where the scale can go crazy. This will be fixed in the next update that is coming shortly.

phil_mdesign

well it does work this morning... let's see further on...

As you can imagine, I DID try the "from previous" option. Maybe you could stop being arrogant thinking all customers are just plain stupid. If I take time coming on the forum it means I wasted quite a bit trying to find solutions on my side.

cheers
Philippe

guest84672

Sorry you feel that way.

As you can see from my previous post we have found an issue that is related to saving a scene multiple times. As I mentioned this will be fixed in the next update.

And if you really want to help, please send me an example and we can make sure that everything is working properly.