Main Menu

Circa 1889

Started by Speedster, March 18, 2011, 08:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

This SolidWorks model of the Rio Grande Southern Railroad narrow gauge 2-6-0, circa 1889, was my first attempt at "Realtime Rendering", instead of a full blown render.  For some reason I've never been able to render this model out, as it always stopped at 66%-73%, all the way back to oldShot up to 2.2.45, and from my old box single processor to now with my Win7x64, 8 cpu x 16 gigs.  Something funky in the model, as this is the only case this has happened.

So, I took a chance at Realtime, and am very pleased.  Prints 18" x 12" great on my Epson 4880.

Set Realtime at 5400 x 3600, and time for 2700 seconds.  Post in Photoshop- smoke, grass, etc. only.  No image adjustments. I had rendered diffuse and spectural passes, but didn't use them.  My environment created in HDR Light Studio Pro.  I don't use DofF, prefering an f22 or better as was usually used "back in the day".

Locos at that time were kept super-clean, even wiped down while on the road!

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

Speedster

Sorry- for these shots I had swapped out my HDR Light Studio for "Desert Sunset", one of my favorites.
Bill G

feher

Hi Bill,
Love it !  My youngest and I have just started to build a model train 4x8 sheet of ply wood. gonna have hills building the whole nine yards. One of my next projects was gonna be a train scene, A poster to put up in our area.  Now it's a matter of finding some good models to use.
Thanks for sharing !
Tim

PS I seens some of the other trains you did on your site. Nice work !

IDGuy

Bill,

It's about time someone did a render of a different kind of machine.  Really like the reflection in the boiler jacket and the sunset is beautiful!  Overall I give an A+.  Background fits the narrow gauge subject.  I have run some small to full scale steam (dampf locomotiv to some here) locomotives so this make me really happy to see this in Keyshot!

I was thinking of some old historical stuff too, hmmmm.....

Regards,

IDGuy

trice1

I also like this render a lot! Thanks Speedster.