Main Menu

Expansion tank

Started by Nero7, April 08, 2011, 02:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero7

Hi,

I am new here and I love to use Keyshot for my 3D models. It's so much fun working with this program :).
This is one part that i have modeled in Pro/E and the expansion tank is used in our air cooling products.

Richman

Great material texture!  Can you show us it or share it?  Thanks

Nero7

Thanks, i have downloaded the material texture from this site: http://mayang.com/textures/
Then go to metal and then click on flat textures. This is the texture that I used on the 3D model.

Richman

Thanks

If you can up the poly count to smooth the model out it would be a perfect render.  What material did you use the texture on?

Nero7

How do I smooth the modell out? I used cast steel as a base material, then applied the texture and rendered in realtime. I also adjusted gamma to get a more realistic look.

guest84672

Increase the tessellation upon import.

br3ttman

I'm finding with my ProE models that adjusting the tessellation to .25 on import has been a nice sweet spot to keep triangle count low for faster rendering, but high enough to avoid surface faceting like on your expansion tank.   ;)

In the meantime, I wish Keyshot also had the ability to adjust tessellation on Solidworks models the same as for ProE.  This past weekend I needed to kick out five concepts in short order with Solidworks and Keyshot. Three of them had tessellation issues after import.   ???  The triangles were quite evident on a few key surfaces, especially with metal materials applied.  Step files weren't a quick alternative because I had broken out material values with different surface colors in Solidworks.  Ultimately, I ended up correcting 2 of the final renders in Photoshop to meet my deadlines with quality renderings.  

Nero7

Quote from: Thomas Teger on April 12, 2011, 02:50:46 PM
Increase the tessellation upon import.
Quote from: br3ttman on April 12, 2011, 09:02:25 PM
I'm finding with my ProE models that adjusting the tessellation to .25 on import has been a nice sweet spot to keep triangle count low for faster rendering, but high enough to avoid surface faceting like on your expansion tank.   ;)

In the meantime, I wish Keyshot also had the ability to adjust tessellation on Solidworks models the same as for ProE.  This past weekend I needed to kick out five concepts in short order with Solidworks and Keyshot. Three of them had tessellation issues after import.   ???  The triangles were quite evident on a few key surfaces, especially with metal materials applied.  Step files weren't a quick alternative because I had broken out material values with different surface colors in Solidworks.  Ultimately, I ended up correcting 2 of the final renders in Photoshop to meet my deadlines with quality renderings. 

Thanks for the tips :), I didn't know that. I have always used the default value which is 0.5.