Main Menu

Some testing shots

Started by JeffM, April 12, 2011, 07:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffM

We're always working on cool new stuff here, and here are some shots that come out of my testing.

Here is the Eldorado with scientifically accurate measured DuPont paint on the body, rendered in a measured lighting environment that accurately shows the color.

These shots are form secret things  :)

Chad Holton

Secret things, eh? ... sounds interesting.
Great shots - The shot with the key looks fantastic!

Nero7

WOW :o, great job, it realy looks amazing.

Speedster

Ahh, the "Key to Success"!

Jeff, in the Eldorado image, are you using DofF or Bloom or both?  There's a general softness which I find disturbing at the front of the model, and especially on the chrome.  I use Rodder's Journal Magazine as my photographic guideline, where the chrome always has sharp catchlights and reflections.

But beautiful as always!

Bill G

jbeau

I hope the secret can be handled as a separate pass. This, "in-render" stuff should be handled in post for a variety of reasons... I would really like to hear more about the roadmap for upcoming tech via KS. IRay is now standard in 2012 Autodesk releases with an integrated workflow. I would like to stay in KS and it would be helpful to know where this is all going...

PhilippeV8

"testing shots" ?  Wrong thread .. this is for AMAZING shots only .................  8) ;D

Burkhard

really amazing. ;D ...and now with Physical Sky... ;)

trice1

Amazing shots from my newbie vantage point! However, from my experience with wood, that key would have to be about 14 inches long (35cm.).   ;D

jbeau

Quote from: Burkhard on April 14, 2011, 05:26:36 AM
really amazing. ;D ...and now with Physical Sky... ;)

Physical sky sounds interesting. I hope there is plans for FBX to support direct lights as physical Sky data, similar to Octane:)

Gordon Lardi

xcut0r

feher

Nice Viper ! I tell you, that wood on the last image is amazing. Nice work.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

andy.engelkemier

Is that a soften edge texture I see on the key, or did you actually model tiny tiny radii on that thing?