You can Make the Difference

Started by DanJV, April 18, 2011, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanJV

I hope you like it and thanks for your comments.
Modeling in Rhino, Render in Keyshot.
Dan

andy.engelkemier

First, it's a bit obvious that these weren't measured. When modeling something so common you'll want to get them in the correct proportions. You should at least be able to screw in the bulbs. ;)

Regarding keyshot, the metal looks like you were attempting chrome. First, i would advise against that because the screw is never quite that shiny and also the reflective value is a bit off. It looks like you chose not to use a metal material? I say that because it looks like you have a high specular value as well as a higher color, and maybe diffusion value as well? Anyway, it's glowing...even in the reflection.

Try that material again, but maybe start with a metal material. Add some roughness to it for realism.

Those over bright values (any time part of an image is blown out) actually make your render quite a bit slower due to unnecessarily high antialiasing requirements.

I thought the standard bulb's glass and insides look great. Something is still a bit funky about the CFL though. It looks very stripey.

DanJV

Andy thanks for your comment, I'm just learning how to handle and some terms of this program, thank you very much for your help and you're absolutely right, but as you see every day you learn something ;) and i will follow your advice.
Dan

Gordon Lardi

CFL'S CONTAIN MERCURY, GO LED!!!!