Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Looking good !! Only thing that bugs me a little is that the fabric looks too thick for me. But that's just minor stuff.

JonWelch

Quote from: cjwidd on October 31, 2017, 07:39:52 PM
texture?
Yes, this is a simple texture I built from an image I found online. Edited the image a little to have a more even appearance, then created a Normal Map out of it. The surface is actually a Transparent material in KS with a Diffuse and Normal map applied.

Quote from: NM-92 on October 31, 2017, 07:54:20 PM
Looking good !! Only thing that bugs me a little is that the fabric looks too thick for me. But that's just minor stuff.
Yea, I know it's on the thicker side, I wanted something a little denser than just a standard napkin, more like a place mat. But it looks a bit too stiff to me now, so I might go back and make some edits. Thanks for the comment :)

cjwidd

JonWelch

Since the holidays are coming around, I've been seeing a lot of advertisements for Mens watches and decided to try some fun renderings. As always, let me know what you all think.

Josh3D

Beautiful. The watches look excellent Jon. I particularly like that ground texture with the black watch.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I love the bokeh effect on the black ground shot. Sharp!

JonWelch

Quote from: Josh Mings on December 04, 2017, 10:24:25 AM
Beautiful. The watches look excellent Jon. I particularly like that ground texture with the black watch.
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 05, 2017, 09:39:07 AM

Thanks guys. That's definitely my favorite as well. I was able to make a large rock-like texture using Scultpris (a really basic version of Z-brush) and applied some metallic paint to it to look like polished rocks. Surprisingly it worked really well and produced that Bokeh effect straight out of Keyshot.

NM-92

Quote from: JonWelch on December 05, 2017, 11:42:01 AM
Quote from: Josh Mings on December 04, 2017, 10:24:25 AM
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 05, 2017, 09:39:07 AM

Thanks guys. That's definitely my favorite as well. I was able to make a large rock-like texture using Scultpris (a really basic version of Z-brush) and applied some metallic paint to it to look like polished rocks. Surprisingly it worked really well and produced that Bokeh effect straight out of Keyshot.

Looks awesome. Do you mind sharing the process you followed to create that cool ground plane ? I'm assuming you used some kind of alpha brush to make the stone texture ? 

Doug Didia

JonWelch

Here is a quick render I setup and ran last night. This model was just posted by the artist Rex Fu on Grabcad, he has a few fantastic car models on there, but I had to try out this Chiron. Link to the download - https://grabcad.com/library/bugatti-chiron-2016-1

Anyways, let me know what you all think. Entire scene is modeled.

"Looks awesome. Do you mind sharing the process you followed to create that cool ground plane ? I'm assuming you used some kind of alpha brush to make the stone texture ?" - Sure thing Nico, I'll throw some screenshots together later today.

Power971

Hi everyone ! Here's my first post in this forum, with one of my creations, the Boeing 797 Concept, MoM Aircraft.
modeled with Rhino 5 and rendered in Keyshot 7 Pro.
You can find some other pics here : https://fr.3dexport.com/3dmodel-boeing-797-concept-mom-aircraft-175357.htm

JonWelch

Quote from: Power971 on December 08, 2017, 12:22:18 PM
Hi everyone ! Here's my first post in this forum, with one of my creations, the Boeing 797 Concept, MoM Aircraft.
modeled with Rhino 5 and rendered in Keyshot 7 Pro.
You can find some other pics here : https://fr.3dexport.com/3dmodel-boeing-797-concept-mom-aircraft-175357.htm

Hey there Power971,

First off let me say Welcome to the forums, it looks like you are off to a great start with that render and we can't wait to see more from you!
However, it looks like you accidentally posted this as a response in my personal thread. If you wouldn't mind, you could remove the post and then go back into the Amazing Shots section and start a "New Topic". That way you will have your own thread and can post more of your work there. :)

Hope to see more from you,
Jon Welch

JonWelch

Alright, since Nico asked, here is a small walkthrough of the ground plane I made for the MVMT watches. I'll first start out by saying I am very new to sculpting and have barely used the program Sculptris (free/basic version of Z-brush) so this may not be the best method. I will also say that I think I got lucky with this shot because the DOF really hides the imperfect geometry of the ground plane. But either way, I like how it turned out.

Walkthrough 1 - Here I started the program and created a new plane, I subdivided that 4 times (because the program always crashes after the 5th) and then took the simple Draw tool to create the wavy and lumpy surface you see. This is the base structure and I assumed once I put this is Keyshot I would find a decent angle to lay the Watch into. Take note that the area with the picture that says "Brush" has a grainy image below it, but the option "Enabled" is unchecked for this. I use that later for the rock/sand look, but the default brush will just extrude large mounds depending on the settings.

Walkthrough 2 - Now here is where you might notice my settings have changed with the Brush. Specifically where the "Brush" is now Enabled, and the settings have changed to work with this better. This brush is simply a grain that can be easily created in Photoshop, and the reason I used a brush like this is because from what I know about this program, the brushes work off of Darks and Lights. So Black will cut in, while White will extrude. At this point is where I zoom out and expand the brush to its max diameter, I then center the mouse on the plane and click once to try to achieve a shallow but dramatic texture.

Walkthrough 3 - Here you can see what the texture looks like from above. I usually have to mess with the settings a few times to finally get the look I want, but like I said - I'm still new to this.

Walkthrough 4 - Zoomed in here you can see the texture better. Once I was happy with this I simply exported as an OBJ and brought it into KS7 where I applied a metallic paint for a polished look.

Clay - Here is a screenshot of what the final model looked like without textures. I believe I had to keep the ground plane smaller in scale than I originally intended because the texture was just too large. I know I duplicated it a few times and then moved them around to get a larger area of of sand/rocks. I also wish the program wouldn't crash with more subdivides so I could have better looking geometry, but I've heard the program just isn't very stable to start with.

Either way, this is the method I took and hopefully someone will learn something from this, because ultimately we are all here to learn and improve our skills, and I enjoy helping others do that. :)

crazer

Quote from: JonWelch on December 09, 2017, 06:41:20 AM
Alright, since Nico asked, here is a small walkthrough of the ground plane I made for the MVMT watches. I'll first start out by saying I am very new to sculpting and have barely used the program Sculptris (free/basic version of Z-brush) so this may not be the best method. I will also say that I think I got lucky with this shot because the DOF really hides the imperfect geometry of the ground plane. But either way, I like how it turned out.

Walkthrough 1 - Here I started the program and created a new plane, I subdivided that 4 times (because the program always crashes after the 5th) and then took the simple Draw tool to create the wavy and lumpy surface you see. This is the base structure and I assumed once I put this is Keyshot I would find a decent angle to lay the Watch into. Take note that the area with the picture that says "Brush" has a grainy image below it, but the option "Enabled" is unchecked for this. I use that later for the rock/sand look, but the default brush will just extrude large mounds depending on the settings.

Walkthrough 2 - Now here is where you might notice my settings have changed with the Brush. Specifically where the "Brush" is now Enabled, and the settings have changed to work with this better. This brush is simply a grain that can be easily created in Photoshop, and the reason I used a brush like this is because from what I know about this program, the brushes work off of Darks and Lights. So Black will cut in, while White will extrude. At this point is where I zoom out and expand the brush to its max diameter, I then center the mouse on the plane and click once to try to achieve a shallow but dramatic texture.

Walkthrough 3 - Here you can see what the texture looks like from above. I usually have to mess with the settings a few times to finally get the look I want, but like I said - I'm still new to this.

Walkthrough 4 - Zoomed in here you can see the texture better. Once I was happy with this I simply exported as an OBJ and brought it into KS7 where I applied a metallic paint for a polished look.

Clay - Here is a screenshot of what the final model looked like without textures. I believe I had to keep the ground plane smaller in scale than I originally intended because the texture was just too large. I know I duplicated it a few times and then moved them around to get a larger area of of sand/rocks. I also wish the program wouldn't crash with more subdivides so I could have better looking geometry, but I've heard the program just isn't very stable to start with.

Either way, this is the method I took and hopefully someone will learn something from this, because ultimately we are all here to learn and improve our skills, and I enjoy helping others do that. :)
Thank you for sharing with us your walkthrough!

JonWelch

Had a lot of down time this weekend and decided to try a rendering for a dual screen monitor setup. First time trying something in this aspect ratio, and I'm pretty happy with it. As always, let me know what you all think.

Models were both done by Rex Fu on Grabcad