Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonWelch

Thought I would share some of the various renders I have done for fun over time. I love coming on the forum and seeing everyones hard work and beautiful renders. Let me know what you think, any critiques/criticisms are welcome.

Thanks!

NM-92

Hi. I love the glass and the ring. Those two are the best of this set in my opinion. Really nice scenes and moods.

Bernardo Lickfold

+1 to nico those two are amazing. I also like the leaf and desktop concept.
Really Nice

Josh3D

Hey there Jon! Quite a collection you have there. So glad to see your work here. I like them all - it's hard to pick a favorite, but I really like the vintage bulb shot.

JonWelch

Some more renderings I have done in the past few months for practice. Glad to hear you guys like some of my work. I always appreciate feedback, good or bad.

Will Gibbons

That body scrub macro shot and the interior shot are some of the best I've seen. Well-done!

Josh3D

nicordf

For me it´s the dna sequence. It has something I can´t tell what it is, but I love it

JonWelch

Just finished this kitchen concept rendering for some practice. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but i really love Interior Mode. Looking forward to any feedback from you guys.

DriesV

Very nice mood. Looks cozy.
I really like how you framed the shot with showing the arc of the entrance.

However, a carpet in the kitchen doesn't seem like the best idea in the world. :)

Dries

JonWelch

Understandable Dries, but I was surprised to see so many of the farmhouse style kitchens have long runners in them, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

rfollett

can you show how the lighting it setup for the kitchen scene please?

JonWelch

Quote from: rfollett on August 31, 2017, 11:05:09 AM
can you show how the lighting it setup for the kitchen scene please?

I didn't do anything too special, the way I've heard that Interior Mode works best is with an enclosed area that lets the light bounce around the room. I did however leave one opening, and that is the arched doorway you see in the foreground of the final render. But besides that, you can see the attachments below for my setup. It's basically the Forrest Road HDRI with a large pin light to let the light flood in through the windows of the kitchen. Then I turn down the contrast a bit and turn up the brightness, just to give the appearance of an overall lighting, instead of having sharp shadows. It all depends on the look you are going for. But this is what I wanted from this concept.

Besides that, there is no other light source. However there are 5 sets of windows/doors that allow a lot of light to come in. You can see them all on the exterior in the last screenshot.

I've only done Interior Mode shots a handful of times, so I may not have the best technique, but that's generally how I handle it.

rfollett

Thanks for all the detail.. what PC you rendering on?