Main Menu

This may already exist...

Started by jet1990, July 24, 2017, 05:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jet1990

I was just thinking of something that could make interior rendering easier. Forgive me if this already exists as i know theres a work around i currently use but a one hit button would make like so much easier.

so picture an interior scene with a large window letting light in. If im illuminating the scene using a HDRI (with something like a field scene) but dont want any field visible as i plan to add a backplate in post. Any glossy reflections end up picking up the field from the HDRI which is what i want to avoid. Currently i have to add a plane outside the window with an emissive material and texture of the desired background & then allow light to shine through this plane from the HDRI environment. quite a long workaround TBH

would it be possible to have options in the environment tab; something like "disable HDRI reflections" or substitute HDRI image with another image but still retain the light mapping.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jet1990 on July 24, 2017, 05:26:11 AM
I was just thinking of something that could make interior rendering easier. Forgive me if this already exists as i know theres a work around i currently use but a one hit button would make like so much easier.

so picture an interior scene with a large window letting light in. If im illuminating the scene using a HDRI (with something like a field scene) but dont want any field visible as i plan to add a backplate in post. Any glossy reflections end up picking up the field from the HDRI which is what i want to avoid. Currently i have to add a plane outside the window with an emissive material and texture of the desired background & then allow light to shine through this plane from the HDRI environment. quite a long workaround TBH

would it be possible to have options in the environment tab; something like "disable HDRI reflections" or substitute HDRI image with another image but still retain the light mapping.

Yes. There's also this method which provides lots of flexibility: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13204.msg65419#msg65419. I certainly understand the desire for the feature.