How do I render a sky background into an architectural rendering?

Started by DESIGNERDREAD, July 25, 2017, 10:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DESIGNERDREAD

How do I render a sky background into an architectural rendering? I want to have a sunny sky similar to the one in the architectural rendering/image that I attached. Do I have to find a similar back-plate? Or can it be created in KeyShot? Thanks in advance for your help!

Josh3D

Speedster

I do a lot of these, and now I always render as a .png with alpha, which gives me the freedom to import and tweak at will in post.  I often use a reference backplate, but it is not included in the final beauty shot.

It's really important to render a .png against a background color close to your possible choices for a post image, in your case a "sky blue".  This helps avoid a fringe halo.

Bill G

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Speedster on July 25, 2017, 05:23:21 PM
I do a lot of these, and now I always render as a .png with alpha, which gives me the freedom to import and tweak at will in post.  I often use a reference backplate, but it is not included in the final beauty shot.

It's really important to render a .png against a background color close to your possible choices for a post image, in your case a "sky blue".  This helps avoid a fringe halo.

True, Bill. That is the way I usually do it as well.
Have you tried in Photoshop to select the rendered layer and go to Layer > matting > defringe?
That usually takes away all the fringe for me.

Best,