Wedding Ring - Vine/Paisley Pattern Test

Started by jnguyen3d, July 25, 2017, 09:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnguyen3d

Hello all. Had a little side project I was working on using Zbrush's hard surface modeling tools and put it through Keyshot 6 for a tasty render. I was trying to decide what was best for the ring to sit on.. I think I'm happiest with the marble.

Speedster

Try a ground plane with "Frosted Glass", and tweak the heck out of it.
Bill G

Josh3D

You're going to love the new metal materials in KeyShot 7 ;-)

SebasDesign

Will Gibbons

jnguyen3d

Thank you for all the kind words everyone! I am excited to see Keyshot 7.. Here's a small update, trying to decide on presentation so added some cloth using Marvelous Designer.

note: the render below is straight from the viewport, pay no mind to the bits of noise! haha

Will Gibbons

Question: How long to learn Marvelous? I've heard it's pretty quick to pick up. I'm beginning to think I might give it a look. That last rendering has me convinced it's worth it.

jnguyen3d

Quote from: Will Gibbons on July 28, 2017, 07:33:31 AM
Question: How long to learn Marvelous? I've heard it's pretty quick to pick up. I'm beginning to think I might give it a look. That last rendering has me convinced it's worth it.

Hi Will,
When I first used Marvelous I was on the 30-day trial. I watched a few videos on Youtube to learn the UI and the basic mechanics and probably had a working knowledge of the program after working with it for maybe 3-4 sessions. The sessions were quite a few hours, but I would say you can learn it within a week for most applications. I've noticed when you get into more details, especially clothing, it does get a bit complicated. To compare, what I did in the image above took me maybe 15-20 min to get the ideal folds/thickness/etc and another 10 minutes in Zbrush to retopologize.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jnguyen3d on July 28, 2017, 09:40:15 AM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on July 28, 2017, 07:33:31 AM

Hi Will,
When I first used Marvelous I was on the 30-day trial. I watched a few videos on Youtube to learn the UI and the basic mechanics and probably had a working knowledge of the program after working with it for maybe 3-4 sessions. The sessions were quite a few hours, but I would say you can learn it within a week for most applications. I've noticed when you get into more details, especially clothing, it does get a bit complicated. To compare, what I did in the image above took me maybe 15-20 min to get the ideal folds/thickness/etc and another 10 minutes in Zbrush to retopologize.

Thanks for sharing! That sounds very doable, and well-worth learning. Awesome!