Visible grid in the rendering!

Started by sqinge, March 28, 2010, 07:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sqinge

Hey!

I´m wondering if someone can help me, I have a problem with an grid that becomes visible in the rendering. The material is White Paint.

Can anyone help me to get the grid to disappear?

Sam

Could it be the accuracy of your model?

guest84672

My guess  as well. Try increasing the tessellation in your modeling software.

sqinge

Thanks for the tips, I´ll try to save it in other formats. Are using solidworks student license and can´t make any options what I can find.

But thanks again for the tips!
Really loves the program!

quigley

Go to Display Options.Image Quality and slide the slider to the right. SolidWorks is SolidWorks, this is in all versions

Pedro_Julio

I had the same thing happen to me last week.  Increased tessellation and all.  Check out the back cushions:

guest84672

Richman

I have noticed that the rendering squares (when you see it rendering a small block at a time) show up in finial renders.  Slight square shadows.  I don't know which setting to adjust to correct this.  These artifacts look like tessellation's showing through, but I don't think these problem are the same. 

JohnG

Yes I get these dark square patterns as well sometimes, usually in smooth areas. Increasing the samples to 32 or 64 usually gets rid of it though.

Pedro_Julio

The couch image is a render, but I got it in realtime as well.  I think it was a velvet that I used.  I didn't try messing with the material settings though.  Maybe I'll give that a shot.

efbiaye

Please see my topic, I think I figured what causes the problem
http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=354.0