Main Menu

Darius Eagle

Started by Bruce27, July 30, 2017, 09:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce27

A fantasy character ;)

Magnus Skogsfjord

That's awesome! I have nothing to say about the sculpting, as this is so far away from my skill area.

Renderingwise a bit of knitpicking: Maybe a wee bit glossy skin? It looks slightly waxy.  You might also want to shed some light on the pitch black pants so we can see some of the contours. :)

To emphasize, this is knitpicking. It's great to see some more exciting backgrounds in your work too.

Bruce27

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on August 02, 2017, 08:48:31 AM
That's awesome! I have nothing to say about the sculpting, as this is so far away from my skill area.

Renderingwise a bit of knitpicking: Maybe a wee bit glossy skin? It looks slightly waxy.  You might also want to shed some light on the pitch black pants so we can see some of the contours. :)

To emphasize, this is knitpicking. It's great to see some more exciting backgrounds in your work too.

Thanks so much Magnus! I no longer hoped that no one would answer me in this forum!

Will Gibbons

Magnus pointed out some good things that could be improved. My only thought is that I'd lower the bump height on the textures on the skin. Some detail is good, but in this case, it seems super-exaggerated. Backing it down a bit might help boost the realism.

Bruce27

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 03, 2017, 06:29:08 AM
Magnus pointed out some good things that could be improved. My only thought is that I'd lower the bump height on the textures on the skin. Some detail is good, but in this case, it seems super-exaggerated. Backing it down a bit might help boost the realism.

Thank you so much, Will!