Pivot points not being saved

Started by Lei, September 12, 2017, 12:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

Hi,

I am currently animating a 7 degrees of freedom Robot on keyshot. Of course I have assigned the pivot points and the animation worked perfectly at the start. But when I close the whole animations and open it another time, it forgets the pivot point selected. I had this problem before but that was only one pivot point therefore not really a hassle to find that one pivot point to fix the animation. However, I am currently working on 7 different pivot points and doing multiple animation rotations to move the robot.

Is there a fix solving this issue? Is there a type of save that I need to do when it comes to animations with lots of rotational animation with a specific pivot point?

As you can see from the attachment there is a lot of rotation animation which cannot find its "pivot id".

By the way I am trying to animate a robot like "Kuka" robots, therefore a lot of rotation is needed.

Leirom

guest84672

We identified this issue and are working on a fix.

romeograham

How are you setting the pivot points for each part of the arm? I need to animate a similar robot with multiple segments, and I can't select the real geometry as pivot helpers..I also am not having much luck inserting a new part (cylinder, for example) to create a pivot. Plus, I don't want to have to add, position, and manage a bunch of pivot helpers either.

The problem is that the axis of the helper part is oriented to the full assemblie's coordinate system, not the long axis of the cylindrical robot arm I want to use...

Any tips?

Thanks
romeo

Lei

My issues is solved now. The pivot helper needs to be in the same group as the parts I was trying to pivot. I just moved all the pivot points up by one group and it didnt have problems anymore.

@romeo
For example my robot is a 6 degrees of freedom robot. Each arm is grouped up. But you have to group them inside each other. As you can see on my attachment, they are all group and inside in a stack. There was a video or pdf somewhere that explained this. Although I developed my method before i saw that tutorial, I cant find it now, it looked like a laptop being opened. But of course now i found out that the "pivot" point needs to be in the same group as the part you are rotating in order not to get an error.