(RESOLVED!) KS7 .434 missing most "Add Geometry" models

Started by Speedster, August 07, 2017, 07:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Add Geometry shows only "Add Ground Plane", and the sphere, cube, ramps etc. are all missing.
Bill G

INNEO_MWo

Just copy the files from KS6 resources folder "models" into the KS7 resources. The menu updates without restart.
The models folder can contain bip and obj files. And bip files can contain defined cameras instead of geometry.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco

guest84672

All content is there. Make sure you run the full installer so you get all the new content: materials, HDRIs, models.

Speedster

QuoteMake sure you run the full installer so you get all the new content: materials, HDRIS, models

I did run the full installer, as a clean install. I had uninstalled KeyShot 7 beta, and deleted all KeyShot 7 resources prior to the new install, as I always do. There was a problem in that KeyShot 7 could not locate the resources.  I had to go to Edit > Preferences > Folders and repoint each folder individually.  However, there's no folder for "Models" available on Edit > Preferences > Folders.

First screenshot shows that only the ground plane is available.

2nd shows the folders available.

3rd shows that the models do exist in the My Documents > KeyShot 7 model folder.  But I have no clue as to how to point to them.

Note that the KeyShot icon has been replaced with the Photoshop .psd icon, globally. This happened when I first installed the KeyShot 7 beta, and I cannot repair it.  Frustrating to say the least!  Any clues how to fix it?

Bill G

guest84672

Speedster

QuoteYou can edit the path to your resources.
Thanks, Thomas.  The problem is I have no idea what you mean!  I design medical devices, and know nothing about computers beyond the average user.  Can you guide me?
Thanks!
Bill G

DriesV

Hi Bill,

Which users option did you pick when installing KeyShot? "Install for anyone using this computer" or "Install just for me"?
Could you try to uninstall and reinstall again using "Install just for me"?
If that doesn't work, then likely your power supply will explode. No, just kidding, then you should get in touch with support. :)

Dries

Speedster

QuoteCould you try to uninstall and reinstall again using "Install just for me"?
Bingo!  That did the trick!  Not sure which option I used, but the "Install Just For Me" did it.  Totally clean install, all geometry intact, as is the entire Library., and all correctly pointed.

Thanks, Dries, as always!

Bill G

DriesV

Excellent!

Kudos should go to our support guru Niko Planke for providing the golden tip. :)

Dries

guest84672

What I meant was referring to the screen grab of the preferences you posted. "Resources" was pointing to C:\Users\Bill\... but your content was somewhere else. All you needed to do is edit that path. But I'm glad this is working now.