Selection Marker disappears when zooming in

Started by Mario Stockinger, August 11, 2017, 04:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario Stockinger

Is there an option to set the view distance where the selection marker disapperars ?

When i'm working on a very detaild assembly unit and have to zoome in , it is very annoying that the marker disappears....
You have to guess if you have selected the corret part.....

In KS6 i dint't have this problems

Doenst't matter if i choose the option use CPU for marker

Will Gibbons

This seems strange. What if you right-click the box/object and choose 'set camera target' and try again. Does it still happen? May be worth emailing support@luxion.com.

Mario Stockinger

Mario Stockinger

I found the problem but don't know why it happend :

Our engineers are drawing the models of the plants in mm - so i take care that the scene is set to mm when i start the step import

(1m = 1000mm)

When i click on a part i see the correct dimension and size  of the part in  mm.

The Problem is the scene background (i use default settings) does not scale correct. Its extreme huge compared to the imported model so it seems to me there is a mismatch backgroud size <> Model in scaling and so the selection marker  gets a problem when i zoom in.

I re imported the bip file into a blank keyshot project with scene set to mm and now ot works.

DriesV

This is related to the Environment Size.
If the Environment Size is very large relative to your selected and/or moved object, then clipping may occur.
The clipping distance will be reduced if you lower the Environment Size.
We can look into optimizing this behavior.

Quote from: Mario Stockinger on August 13, 2017, 02:21:47 AM
The Problem is the scene background (i use default settings) does not scale correct. Its extreme huge compared to the imported model so it seems to me there is a mismatch backgroud size <> Model in scaling and so the selection marker  gets a problem when i zoom in.

What do you mean when you say "the scene background does not scale correct"?

Dries

Mario Stockinger

The default studio backgroud is white / grey with a light spot.

So you can rotate the background around the 3d model to change light.

But in this case the 3d Model seems extremely tiny in relation to the studio background -  it's all white but it is the default studio background.
But the scaling of the model is correct when i  click on a part to check the size.

If the background is not the problem is there another way other than reimport the bip file into a new project

DriesV

As I mentioned before, making the Environment Size smaller should fix the clipping.

Dries