How to use all of the cores on the network

Started by mykalh86, August 11, 2017, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykalh86

So we have Keyshot 7 and Keyshot Network Render Queue with 32 cores. How can we enable all of these cores on the network? We are currently using only 12 out of the 32.

guest84672

Install Network Rendering on the machines on the network that you would like to use, and then run the configurator to use them as workers.

mykalh86

We have the Network Monitor and have our main server as the "Master" it shows that there are 8 cores and 4 are allowed on it.

mattjgerard

Same happened here when the IT guy was changing the number of cores in the VM, he went from 6-8 but NW never recognized them until I re-ran the configurator and changed the number of allowed cores.

MrTomB

at the moment we have to run the configurator to change the number of available cores, we cannot do it in the monitor

Also, to the OP have you set up each workstation etc as a worker?

mattjgerard

Yes you have to re-run the configurator on each slave machine and change the number of cores allowed. Can't do it through the monitor, even on the slave. That would be nice :)

MrTomB

The manual shows that you can do it through the monitor and the options and buttons are there but nothing happens

mattjgerard

Try it by re-running the configurator and see if it changes. that might be grounds for a bug report if it works.

mykalh86

So it all came down to the PC that we have on our server. It has 8 cores but IT only allocated 4 to us to use with Keyshot Network Render.

mattjgerard

Is it being run as a virtual machine? That's where I had a little trouble, since I know virtually ( :o) nothing about virtual machines, I didn't know that the number of cores could be manipulated.