2 questions regarding KS7 - display and materials..

Started by jhiker, August 14, 2017, 05:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

Two questions if I may..

How can I prevent KS7 from opening 'off-centre' on startup?

It seems I have a material that uses or used a texture that was once in a Dropbox folder from a scene I must have downloaded. I don't have that folder (or Dropbox) any longer. How can I prevent the error messages in the log window?

guest84672

Regarding the error messages - it looks like you are pointing to that folder through preferences. Open Preferences -> Folders.

jhiker

No - I'm not pointing to that folder in preferences.

I must be using a material that was once located in a Dropbox folder but the folder is no longer there.

jhiker

jhiker

I had to 'restore down' and drag the corners of the window close to my screen extremities. Keyshot opens 'restored down' but at least it's all on the screen now  ;)

mattjgerard

Not sure about the matierial issue, the only way to troubleshoot that is to go through your materials one by one and look for the missing texture and eradicate it. If its in a project with stuff in it already, you can do this in the material list.

With the off center issue, KS7 always opens not full screen. I always run it full screen, and with KS6 once I set it to full screen, every time I opened KS6 it would remember it and reopen any project full screen. Now I have to manually get it to full screen by dragging the winder to the top and letting Win7 expand it or by clicking the full screen button in the upper right of the window. Annoying, but tolerable.

jhiker

Thanks for the comments Matt. I'm also manually resizing  ::)

This update has been a bit of a disappointment. The Cloud Library Handler thing isn't working for me. I can log into the cloud web page but when I attempt to download anything the 'cloud handler' dialogue box kicks in, asks me to log in and when I do, tells me I can't be authenticated! Most annoying.

Niko from KS is looking at it.

jhiker

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 15, 2017, 06:44:20 AM
Not sure about the matierial issue, the only way to troubleshoot that is to go through your materials one by one and look for the missing texture and eradicate it. If its in a project with stuff in it already, you can do this in the material list.

I went through the materials in the project list one by one and deleted the missing textures and labels - it worked.

cschultz

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 15, 2017, 06:44:20 AM

With the off center issue, KS7 always opens not full screen. I always run it full screen, and with KS6 once I set it to full screen, every time I opened KS6 it would remember it and reopen any project full screen. Now I have to manually get it to full screen by dragging the winder to the top and letting Win7 expand it or by clicking the full screen button in the upper right of the window. Annoying, but tolerable.

If you use the desktop icon to open KS, RMB on the icon --> properties --> Shortcut tab...Run: Change to maximized.  If you open it through a pinned button on the dock, you'll have to undock KS, then go to the shortcut icon and go through those steps. 

That should open it full screen every time.  I wish it would remember how you had it opened last time as well.  PITA that it changed.

mattjgerard

Holy hannah, that worked. Thanks!

Too bad it doesn't work for double clicking on project files :(