Main Menu

My first try

Started by MayTec, May 04, 2011, 06:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayTec

Hi @all,

here are my first try with KS full-demo...now i hope my boss will buy KS  ;D

Speedster

Good job- so what's your boss waiting for?  Every minute not using KeyShot is a wasted minute!
Bill G

guest84672

Bill is right. Especially the third image shows that you nailed it! How long did it take you?

MayTec

Thank's,

here in Germany (Dachau) we build all parts and assembly's with ProE WF2+3. After that we need drawings und pictures for our catalog. So, i think i need more time for build the 3D-Part as for the renderings.
Specially about threads we spend a lot of time for build the screws in 3D. Just for the rendering i think i needed for the third picture 30 minutes.

Why my Boss is waiting? We need a workstation too and that is not so cheap we think. :-(

And, YES, Every minute without KS is a wasted minute :-) i love it and it is very funny to work with KS!

Lui

Speedster

I often use simplified thread for rendering, unless actual defined geometry is required.  Create a simple single revolved-cut to represent the thread form, with a tiny fillet at the tip and root.  Then I use a simple linear pattern for the length and at an appropriate pitch.  They render fine, except for extreme closeups, and take only seconds to accomplish.  It takes a close eye to see that it's not a "real" thread!  I work in SolidWorks, but I'm sure ProE is similiar.
Bill G

MayTec

Hi Bill,

yes i work exactly how you have described. But our computers are not good enough for that. I am waiting a lot of minutes for rendering one screw!
So we need at the first a workstation...

Lui