Keyshot7 to Keyshot 6 plugin issue

Started by Livingstone, August 29, 2017, 06:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingstone

Hi guys,
I have installed the Keyshot7 trial to test the function of the new release.
Previously I had Keyshot6 full license and 3dsmax plugin installed .
My trial license of keyshot7 now it is expired an I want to come back to use Keyshot 6  but when in 3dsmax I click on the keyshot6 plugin button it open the expired keyshot 7 . I unistalled Keyshot7 trial from my computer and now when I try to use the keyshot 6 plugin in 3dsmax the software ( 3dsmax ) crash.
Any idea how to restore the connection between 3dsmax and keyshot6 ?

guest84672

guest84672

The plugin should automatically detect KeyShot 6, but it sounds like it doesn't work for you. We will look into it.

Fabbrica

Hello,
When you uninstall the plugin make sure that you run the uninstall as admin and check to see if the .gup file is  deleted in 3Ds Max.

You can find it here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\Plugins
Next check the 3Ds Max user interface menu by going to "Customize User Interface" > "Menus" tab. In the "Main Menu Bar"(right) delete the Keyshot menus. From the "Menus" list (bottom left) find the Keyshot 6 menu and drag it to where in the "Main Menu Bar" list you want it to be.

If you don't see Keyshot in the "Menus" list then you may want try reinstalling Keyshot completely. In my experience if doesn't work then reinstalling Keyshot usually does the trick.

Hope this helps.