Admin changing the number of available cores

Started by MrTomB, August 17, 2017, 03:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTomB

Great to have this section!!!

We are unable to have the admin change the number of available cores or even disconnect a worker. Following the instructions here: https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K7NR/pages/39874804/Change+Allowed+Worker+Cores they are incorrect.

You must go to Management -->> Workers and Pools and you can make the changes there but nothing actually happens, it is also not clear that some of the cells in that table have options you can change (dark theme)

Other issues I have which are being fixed are:
Schedules for workers not working
'Use all cores on sign out' (This is stopping me upgrading to 96 cores currently)
Render getting held up on last region when on a slower worker

Bring on NR7.1 !!!!!

DriesV

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. This is most helpful.
We will make sure to address these issues.

Keep the feedback coming! :)

Dries

Sixx

I was able to change the cores while a render was in process by going to the "Workers and Pools" section.  I think it waits for a task to process before switching the cores.  At first it didn't look like it did anything, and then it finally switched.

I also had a render of 487 Tasks, 487 Completed with 3 Failed Tasks...the render completed, but the file is nowhere to be found.  I'm trying it again and wondering if it was due to those 3 Failed Tasks that ruined the entire thing?  I should have rendered the frames out...but I didn't.