Extracting / separating bump map?

Started by pauls, August 26, 2017, 12:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauls

Hi,
Is there any way to pull the bump map out of a material in the library and export it to Photoshop? For example, I downloaded the Sorenson Leather material from the cloud library. I've gone into the Application Support folder (on a Mac) and found the .mtl for it, but don't know if there's any way to open it to get at the bump image.

In the texture map channel of the material, it's listed as a .ktx.

Is there any way to get at what's inside either the .mtl or .ktx?

Thanks,
Paul

INNEO_MWo

You can use this material as a material template. Then you'll find all related files in the template folder.
Just a quick n dirty solution

pauls

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to Keyshot and watched the tutorial I could find on how to make a template, but maybe I'm missing something. I was able to create one and go to the Templates folder and find it, but the materials are still .ktx and .mtl.

I'm looking for a way to get at the bitmap that's creating the leather texture and edit it. It's a good starting point, but I want to add some additional details to it in a few spots, so I don't have to layer bumps in the material graph.

Is there any way to access the bitmap in .mtl's and open in Photoshop?

Thanks.

soren

The ktx and lmt files are protected due to licensing restrictions. They can only be used with KeyShot as-is. To add detail to the bumps, use the bump add node in the material graph.

Søren