Labeling help

Started by zooropa, August 28, 2017, 03:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi.

I have imported a violin model from Modo. I am almost finishing the material/texturing in KS, but I am facing difficulties to apply a detail on the strings. I have attached a sample render from the tutorial I bought (Cristobal Vila in Modo).
So far KS worked perfectly with the Uvs imported from the FBX model file. Actually I am not sure if this is a uv problem either.
Summing up. I am trying to apply the ''rope'' ends to the strings with a label. I have the textures made in modo. In KS I can not find the way to place the rope textures on the strings. Do you think could be nothing related to the UV ? I am not exactly sure how Cristobal done this in Modo. I bought the tutorial so I will check in order to give more information to the forum. I just wanted to ask before checking this since you probably are more familiarized with the potential problems or errors that I am doing.

I could actually upload only the strings in Modo so you could see how the are done. I would prefer to just post whatever you need as a print screen. Thanks a lot. I can also upload the KS file so you can play with it.

Thanks a lot

zooropa

Ok I found the problem. The texture in Modo had an horizontal wrap applied. Meaning that I needed to translate that value in one of the axis of the Uv scale inside KS. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope nobody need to use few hours to discover this again hahaa.

mattjgerard

Thanks for posting the solution. Makes it much easier for people to find!

zooropa

thanks mattjgerard! I will try to keep giving rookie solutions so people dont get stuck in simple problems.

mattjgerard

We've all been there, and I've posted and found many of those silly little "gotcha" problems that trip us up.