Main Menu

Mad Men tumbler

Started by Xidor, May 08, 2011, 04:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xidor

A few weeks ago I learned about rendering glass and a liquid from the great feedback and insights learned here. I've been meaning to post this render to get feedback.

I used the setting Indirect Illumination for the first time to see what it would do. Also, if it's not clear, I wanted to add the metalizing effect to the top area of the glass as was done for a particular line of glass wear in the 1960's. I used chrome and it's not exactly the effect, but it works for now. I also tried a less successful version with a black background to try to mimic the shot on he Mad Men DVD/blu ray cover art.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gordon Lardi

makes me want to start drinkin scotch!

jjeconomaki

Speedster

Neat!  As in "the only way to drink scotch"!  No ice cubes to water down the rendering...
Bill G

chillout

Hej great render! I need to fill a martini glass with a liquid could you give me some advice? I know that I need to model a small space between my solids. Do you have more than 1 solid for your liquid? And were do I find some settings?

Tnx

chillout

Tnx, Here I've got a try. I think I need to change the solid of the glass. The foot is flat so It creates a white surface.
I'm not entirely happy with the result  :( Tnx for the link!

Xidor

Thanks for comments guys. The irony is I don't drink!

Chillout, the thread that really helped me understand the process to rendering glass and a liquid is this one:

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=1044.0

There is no air gap between the glass and the liquid solids. I used to think you needed to have the glass and liquid solids touching or intersecting a little. Study the thread I linked to.

feher

That first image is wonderful ! Looks great I think.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim