Some problem rendering artifact questions

Started by Xidor, May 08, 2011, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xidor

I've been having an issue with some odd rendering effects in the backgound of an image in he shadows on the floor.

In this first image, I can only show you the shadows as I can't show you the image being rendered. I've done this rendering with the same settings when trying different colors on the part being rendered and sometimes the artifacts are not there.

What's causing this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And the second kind of artifact I'm experiencing are blotches in partline side walls on plastic parts. In the image below, you can see only a portion of the part. The material is plastic. There's some texture added to simulate Mold Tech texturing. Is this a rendering setting problem? LOR set too high? Not using indirect illumination? This does not show up in the real time render as it's rezzing up. I've seen this happen before on another render program too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

KeyShot

Try increasing global illumination accuracy. Are you using emissives in this scene?

-- Henrik

Xidor

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the advise. I can try to increase global illumination accuracy and see if that helps both the shadows and the partline blotches. I hadn't done that before!

No emissives in this rendering.