Poor textures when rendered

Started by germannick, August 30, 2017, 10:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

Using the new KS7, I am getting great looking textures shown BUT when I render the same image, the texture is no longer identical with the screen view. See Images attached. This is happening with several textures, even though some of them have been in KS6, others in KS7.
Any ideas to solve this issue?

Niko Planke

Hello Germannick,

Thank you for the report.
May i ask what exact version of KeyShot you are using?
You can find this information under *Help > Show License Information*

Also i would like to know the exact render setting, are you using  Maximum Samples/Time or Advanced Control?
Also if possible please provide a  step by step guide on how to recreate the issue reliably.

If its more than a few steps, a sample file might make sense, feel free to send the file directly to support@luxion.com

That should give us the enough information to assist with this.

germannick

Hi Nico,
thank you for the fast response.
I collected the texture etc into a s *.ksp and uploaded it to a dropbox because the file is larger than what I can attach here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vasjg1j5k7sjek/Texture%20issue.ksp?dl=0

I am running 7.0.456 on my machine, CPU at 100%, RAM is at 32GB... AND  same texture at all the same settings is rendered perfectly with KS6
Those settings are shown in the attached images.

INNEO_MWo

Use max samples mode to render the same result as the live render view would do!

Hope that make sense and help.

cheers
Marco

germannick

hi Marco,
thank you for your feedback. I know that this is the possibel work around BUT unfotunately not the sollution to the problem. I need to maintain the flexibility to adjust GI and shadow etc.

Cheers, Nick

INNEO_MWo

Hi.

Then turn off the "sharper texture filtering". Your shadow value is about 5 and that's the max shadow quality from live render (the max sample algorithm!).

Perhaps this will help?!

Niko Planke

Hello Germanick,

I can only approve the input Marco has Provided.
The Realtime view is more comparable to the MaxSamples or MaxTime rendering modes.
If you expect the final rendering to match what you see in the Realtime view that will be the way to go.

I also  tried to reproduce the behavior in KeyShot 6 it seems to show the same issue for an alike scene.

But Disabling Sharper texture filtering for the final rendering avoids the issue in both KeyShot 6 and KeyShot 7.

DriesV

I know this is not addressing the issue you are having, but it does seem like your object has a very small size. I can actually see the individual pixels of the bump texture.
I don't think there are many real-life applications for Mold-Tech finishes on subcentimeter sized parts.
Our Mold-Tech library is optimized for simulating real-life applications, meaning having accurately sized textures on full-size models. If you work within those boundaries, then the textures will look good.

Dries