Edit Geometry Dialog and auto normals

Started by mattjgerard, August 31, 2017, 06:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

1) When I click on  a part and select Edit Geometry, the window always centers itself over the edit geo viewport. Inevitably I always have to move the window so I can see the part I'm working on. Is there a way for that dialog window to remember where it was closed last time it was used? I always move it to the same place so I can have the dialog next to the edit geo viewport. Just really annoying and extra clicks to have to move it everytime.

2) Can we make fixing normals a faster process? 99% of the time I need to fix normals I don't change any settings, so it would be great to have just a button on the ribbon that I can click to auto calculate and apply normals. Again, huge step up in efficiency. I think Dries or someone said that there is an option for that on import, but I haven't seen it, becuase I would totally use that all the time. Not once have I had to undo a normals re-calculate because it didn't look right. Keyshot always gets it right when I recalculate. Fixes so many issues with my crappy models.