Not getting smooth Camera Animation

Started by patelyogesh2, August 23, 2017, 03:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patelyogesh2

Hey friends,

Today I joined this forum for getting help related to keyshot because I am newbie on it.

My main problem is to animate camera because I want to zoom specific parts of assembly which are exploded (it is big assembly so zoom on specific parts is momentary) and for it I tried multiple methods which described below but still did not get desire result.

1) I tried Orbit, translation, Zoom group to get first camera animation but it is good for only one time because second time when I used same thing to zoom other side than it rotate from center of part and didn't get good result as I want every time different rotate point of orbit so this method is not good for me.

2) I used Path animation but didn't get smooth result. See attached screenshot. For first animation it was ok because it was simple but for second thing it is not possible. First I just added three point for path but it do not run on my desire path so I added other points in between them hence camera run on my desire path but cameras are too close to each other so I didn't get smooth animation.

3) Lastly, I tried switch camera after Orbit, translation, Zoom group method but when I changed look at point of new camera than its position slightly changed from last animation frame so still don't get smooth camera effects.

I know that on this forum so many experts are active so please I kindly request you help me out.
Especially Will Gibbons please look into my matter because I show you YouTube videos it had smooth camera effects so definitely you have solution it.

If you still don't understand my problem than comment below I will explain it deeply.

Will Gibbons

Hi patyelyogesh2,

I am not certain I understand the issue. From your images, I can recommend you simplify your path animation and use fewer control points, which should sooth out the animation.

If you are struggling to keep the camera pointed on the object throughout the animation, I can recommend KeyShot 7, because you can now choose a camera target and the camera will keep the camera target centered in the frame throughout the animation. Because this feature did not exist in KeyShot 6, I avoided using path animation.

Generally, the simpler you keep the animation, the easier it is to control. You can also keep your camera further from your model, and adjust the perspective so your part appears larger in the frame (like using zoom) and that can make it easier to control.

I hope that helps.

patelyogesh2

Thank you very much bro for your quick response.

I watched your keyshot 6 camera path animation video and that was nice and my requirements are similar to that animation so can you share that keyshot file with me or any tutorial for it.

Moreover I find that some experts advice to use group of orbit translation, zoom and rotation to get desire moment of camera any advice or reference from your side.

Thanks.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: patelyogesh2 on August 23, 2017, 11:13:32 AM
Thank you very much bro for your quick response.

I watched your keyshot 6 camera path animation video and that was nice and my requirements are similar to that animation so can you share that keyshot file with me or any tutorial for it.

Moreover I find that some experts advice to use group of orbit translation, zoom and rotation to get desire moment of camera any advice or reference from your side.

Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not sure which one you are referring to. I Shared more than one animation example during the webinar. The animation of the drone did not include any camera path animations. Also, you can download the example scene. There is a link in the description of the YouTube video.

patelyogesh2

Let me describe my problem

First I created camera 1 at isometric view than I used turntable 360* than I used path animation (just 2 points)

After that I created camera 2 at end point of path than used switch from camera 1 to 2

Camera 2 was same until I changed look at point of camera 2 and I need to change look at point of camera 2 because when I use simple path animation than it is not look very smooth

So I think you understand my problem of slight difference between path last point and camera 2

And is it possible to add separate look at point for each path point? Like if we add 4 point in path animation than look at point of first point is difference and forth point is difference.
Because it will solve my problem.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: patelyogesh2 on August 24, 2017, 10:47:10 PM
And is it possible to add separate look at point for each path point? Like if we add 4 point in path animation than look at point of first point is difference and forth point is difference.

As mentioned before, in KeyShot 7, by setting a camera target for camera path animations, I think you'll solve your problem. Changing a camera's look-at point will not move the location of the center of that camera, just the direction it's pointed. To keep the path continuous and smooth, you need to use a single path animation, but again, you can not set look at points for each control point on that path.

patelyogesh2

Also I have another problem. I just used turn table animation and I got unwanted shadow in some of frames like aattached images.
I already rendered that frame at maximum samples still that type of shadow is there in some of frames.

INNEO_MWo

Could it be that the white part has a geomtry / polygon issue? Maybe try to fix this with the geometry editor or re-import the CAD file.

Good look!

patelyogesh2

As Will Gibbons told me i tried camera with target but still don't get smooth video.

steps which i used.
1) first i created camera 1 at isometric view.
2) then used 360 degree turntable animation for 0 to 10 sec.
3) after that path animation for camera 1 with walkthrough for 10 to 15 sec.
4) after that created camera 2 at end of camera 1 animation. and used switch camera at 15.300 sec.
5) then used path animation for camera 2 with target for 15.500 to 20.300 sec.

for 1 to 15.500 sec animation is smooth but at starting of camera 2 path animation it has slight different between to frames.
so please help me for getting smooth and seamless animation.

patelyogesh2

INNEO_MWo

Sorry to read this. Do you have a chance to render two separated videos and combine them in post?